Southwestern Pork Tenderloin with Warm Corn Salad
- Spice-Rubbed Tenderloins:
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Warm Corn Salad:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 5 to 6 ears)
- 1 small jalapeño chili, seeded and minced
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Prepare Spice-Rubbed Tenderloins: In cup, blend chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Rub tenderloins all over with spice mixture.
Place tenderloins on rack in small roasting pan (14" by 10"). Tuck thin ends of tenderloins under, so meat is an even thickness. Roast tenderloins 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 150 degrees on meat thermometer (temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees upon standing).
Meanwhile, prepare Warm Corn Salad: In nonstick 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn and jalapeño, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat and stir in tomato, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Makes about 4 cups salad.
To serve, spoon corn salad onto platter. Thinly slice tenderloins and arrange over salad. I crumbled some queso fresco over the corn salad. Feta would work, too.
Each serving: About 260 cal; 27g pro; 25g carbs; 7g total fat (2g sat); 4g fiber; 67mg chol; 760mg sod.
You'll also love
- Yellow Salad with Citrus-Date... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage and Gravy Breakfast... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea and Portobello... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Celery Salad with Celery Root and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- T-fal Actifry Mexican Rice with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Spicy... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- SPANISH CORN 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Auntie Sikki's Samoan corn beef... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)