Yellow Salad with Citrus-Date Vinaigrette
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed yellow and orange raw fruits and vegetables (such as corn, Sun Gold tomatoes, golden beets, apricots, clementines, and pineapple), halved, sliced, and/or cut into wedges
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Process dates, oil, lemon juice, orange juice, mustard, and cumin in a food processor until smooth. Thin vinaigrette with water to a pourable consistency; season with salt and pepper.
To serve, spoon some vinaigrette into a shallow bowl and arrange fruits and vegetables of choice on top. Season with salt and pepper.
Do Ahead: Vinaigrette can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.
You'll also love
- Sausage and Gravy Breakfast... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea and Portobello... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Celery Salad with Celery Root and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Triscuit Cups 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Blood Orange Cardamom Upside Down... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Blood Orange Sauce 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Dates: Renee Erickson's Sautéed... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)