Your taste buds haven’t lived… until now. Do yourself a favor and try these incredible blueberry biscuits.
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter (cold or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces blueberries, fresh or dried
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
Adapted from kenkatschke.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Mix salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Add the super cold milk into dry ingredients and mix.
As dough begins to form take each tablespoon of hardened solidified butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Fold dough, and knead, repeat until all butter is spread in chunks evenly throughout dough. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
Move dough to floured cutting board and roll flat to about ¼ - ½ thick (or to desired thickness) and cut approximately 6 Blueberry Biscuits with a biscuit or cookie cutter. If you notice the butter starts to melt (hot kitchen) during this process it may be necessary to return the dough to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Do not exceed 20, as the baking powder’s 1st stage may become inactive past that.
Place in oven and bake for about 7-12 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter in the microwave, and paint finished biscuits with a pastry brush. Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over Blueberry Biscuits with a fork.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Cheese Pennies 4.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Texas Sheetcake aka The Pioneer... 4.2/5 (307 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake 3.9/5 (333 Votes)
- Bisquick ~ Drop Biscuits 3.7/5 (732 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings 4.4/5 (213 Votes)
- Best French Toast Ever 4.1/5 (193 Votes)