Your tastebuds haven’t lived… until now. Do yourself a favor and try these blueberry biscuits. Unless you live somewhere in the southeast, that means you’ll have to make them.
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter (cold or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces blueberries, fresh or dried
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 22mins
Adapted from kenkatschke.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Mix salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Add the super cold milk into dry ingredients and mix.
As dough begins to form take each tablespoon of hardened solidified butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Fold dough, and knead, repeat until all butter is spread in chunks evenly throughout dough. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
Move dough to floured cutting board and roll flat to about ¼ - ½ thick (or to desired thickness) and cut approximately 6 Blueberry Biscuits with a biscuit or cookie cutter. If you notice the butter starts to melt (hot kitchen) during this process it may be necessary to return the dough to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Do not exceed 20, as the baking powder’s 1st stage may become inactive past that.
Place in oven and bake for about 7-12 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter in the microwave, and paint finished biscuits with a pastry brush. Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over Blueberry Biscuits with a fork.
You'll also love
- Honey Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (139 Votes)
- Basic Ground Beef American Goulash 4.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Fruit Pizza 4.5/5 (157 Votes)
- John Wayne Casserole 4.6/5 (135 Votes)
- Self-Frosting Pumpkin Nutella... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Strawberry Bonbons 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Salad 4.5/5 (132 Votes)