Butternut Squash Rösti Cakes
Adding shredded butternut squash to mini potato pancakes adds a touch of sweetness and a nice orange hue.
- 1 (1-pound) butternut squash neck, peeled and coarsely shredded in a processor
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and coarsely shredded in a food processor
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sour cream, salmon caviar and chives, for garnish
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a bowl, combine the shredded squash and potatoes with the cornstarch, eggs and onion and season with salt and cayenne.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/8 inch of oil until shimmering. Add 2-tablespoon-size mounds of the mixture to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Drain on paper towels and repeat, adding more oil to the skillet as needed and wiping out the pan occasionally. Top the rösti cakes with sour cream, caviar and chives and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Roasted Kabocha and Mushrooms with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Eggplant Creole Appetizer with... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Stensoni's Best Tomato Meat Pasta... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini and Tomatoe... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- How to Make Vegan Sauces & Gravies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian Christmas Turkey Stuffing 3.7/5 (6 Votes)