Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- For the quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- For the fruits and veggies
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup cubed ripe mangoes
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumbers
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- For the lemon basil dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 Basil leaves, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
Place the quinoa and water in a medium skillet and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer covered for about 15 minutes or till the quinoa is cooked. Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Let it cool to room temperature.
While the quinoa is cooking, combine the fruits in a bowl and refrigerate till you are ready to serve the salad.
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the chopped basil. Refrigerate till you are ready to serve. Chop and add the basil to the dressing just before serving. If you add it earlier, it will go black.
Add half the dressing to the quinoa and mix gently.
Assemble the salad just before serving – toss the quinoa, fruits and cucumbers together. Serve other half of the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Saute with Pesto,... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuna Melt Pizza 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Acorn squash quick bread 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Lime Jello and 7 up Salad 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tommy Bahama's Blackberry Berry... 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Luscious Lemon Delight 3.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Greek Chicken & Rice Soup with Egg... 3.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Turmeric and Blueberry Breakfast... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)