Roasted Cherry Tomato Triscuit Cups
- 24 Triscuit Rosemary and Olive Oil Crackers (from one 9 ounce box)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (recipe follows)
- 24 tiny sprigs fresh thyme, optional for serving
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 24 cherry tomatoes, (from 10.5 ounce package)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Preparation time 105mins
Adapted from mondelez.promo.eprize.com
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Fill a 9-by-13-inch pan halfway with warm water. Add Triscuit Crackers in 2 batches and soak, turning twice until just soft, about 2 minutes, no more than 3 minutes. Oil two 12 cup (or one 24 cup) mini muffin tins and press a softened Triscuit into each cup, pressing and molding any cracks together. Sprinkle each with cheese. Bake until firm and slightly more golden, about 25 minutes.
2. Fill each cup with a roasted cherry tomato, and drizzle a little sauce over top of each one. Serve garnished with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
1. Preheat oven to 325º. Arrange tomatoes and garlic in a non-reactive 9x5- inch baking dish (loaf pan). Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, thyme, sugar, and salt. Drizzle over tomatoes and garlic.
2. Bake until tomatoes are wilted and caramelized, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool. Store cooled tomatoes and juices in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.