Celery Salad with Celery Root and Horseradish
- 1 medium celery root (about 1 pound)
- 10 large celery stalks, thinly sliced on a sharp diagonal, plus 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Peel and halve celery root. Using a mandoline, very thinly slice one half. Cut other half into matchstick-size pieces.
Combine celery root, celery stalks, shallot, lemon zest, and horseradish in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let vegetables sit for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Whisk oil and lemon juice in a small bowl; season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over vegetables. Add celery leaves and parsley and toss salad to combine.