Baked Zucchini and Tomatoe Casserole
Have lot of tomatoes & zucchini from the garden? This is a great recipe to use up the veggies. It is so tasty and easy to make
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg (12 oz) shredded cheese (mozzerella, swiss, or cheddar)
- 1 tbsp bail
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- dash red pepper flakes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. In small bowl combine basil thru pepper flakes and set aside.
2. Spray 11 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
3. Place a layer of zucchini along bottom of pan.
4. Sprinkle lightly with seasoning mix.
5. Sprinkle with shredded & Parmesan cheese (not all of it)
6. Place layer of tomatoes,
7. Repeat layers until all ingredients (zucchini & tomatoes are used).
8. Top off with cheeses.
9. Sprinkle Panko breadcrumbs over top.
10. Cover loosely with foil and bake 25 minutes.
11. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes or till cheese it melted and top is crusty.
12. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Seared Salmon with Tomatillo Coulis 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Garlic Scape Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Egg Stuffed Tomatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Hush Puppies 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Vegan Passover Kugel 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower & Zucchini 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
Review this recipe