Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus
This sweet potato hummus recipe has everything going for it. It’s creamy, sweet, smokey, and oh so delicious!
- 1 very large sweet potato, scrubbed clean and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, start with 1/2 tsp and add more if you like the smoky heat!
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- a few dashes salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potato cubes and cook until fork tender, about 7 minutes.
Drain sweet potatoes and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. Toss all the ingredients into a food processor and whirl away until smooth (if you are sensitive to spice you may want to add the spices last and add a little at time and taste test as you go) This dip tastes amazing while still warm! However, it tastes just as great chilled.
Add more spices each day if the hummus mellows out too much.
You'll also love
- Creamy Cremini Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Festive Fried Potato Pancakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sage Champagne Cocktails 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Chickpeas in an Air Fryer 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper & Chives... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)