Buffalo Chicken Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
I wanted to come up with a new recipe for the big game. Chili, Wings and Brats although tried and true, can get boring having them for every game, so I decided to come up with a Casserole Recipe...Buffalo Chicken Hashbrown Casserole! Yummy!
- ◾1 Rotisserie Chicken
- ◾4 Stalks of Celery, diced
- ◾1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- ◾1 Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ◾1 (32 oz.) Package Frozen Hashbrown Potatoes
- ◾2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ◾1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- ◾1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- ◾1/2 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- ◾3/4 Cup Diced Green Onion
- ◾Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium size frying pan, cook the Celery and Yellow Onion in the oil until tender.
3. Remove all the skin and bones from the Rotisserie Chicken and cut or shred the meat into bite size pieces. Place the Chicken into a bowl and add the Buffalo Wing Sauce and stir until all the Chicken is coated
4. In a small bowl stir together the Cream of Chicken Soup and the Ranch Dressing. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl combine the Hashbrown Potatoes, and the Celery and Yellow Onion mixture.
6. Pour the Soup mixture over the Potatoes and get out your Pepper Mill and give it a few twists over all. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
7. Spray a 13 x 9 Baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Spread the Potatoes evenly in the bottom of the pan.
8. Now make a second layer over the Potatoes with the Buffalo Chicken, as you see here.
9. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes. All ovens cook differently so check the Casserole at 30 minutes. You want the mixture to be heated through and to be hot and bubbly.
10. Remove the foil and add the Cheddar Cheese to the top and sprinkle with the Green Onions, then bake an additional 15 minutes or until the Cheese is melted.
11. Let the dish cool for 5 minutes before serving.
~Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing and also Ranch Dressing. Let your guests drizzle it over the top of their serving.
Recipe by: Hot Dish Homemaker
You'll also love
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Polynesian Parfaits for Two 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken and Vegetables Kabobs 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Apples &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Steakhouse Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Egg Rolls 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Shells 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Divan 4.5/5 (13 Votes)