Chicken and Vegetables Kabobs
230 calories per 2 kabobs
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 13 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp peeled, minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 8 slices
- 8 (12-inch) metal skewers
- Mixed salad greens (optional)
Preparation time 145mins
Cooking time 155mins
Whisk together orange juice, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, giner and red pepper flakes; reserve 3/4 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Add onion, bell pepper and zucchini; toss to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate an additional 20 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high (350-400 degrees)
Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers. Place skewers on grill. Grill, covered, 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Place kabobs on salad green, if desired. Serve with reserved marinade.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.