Cheesy Chicken Egg Rolls
PER SERVING (1 egg roll): 112 calories, 1.5g fat, 334mg sodium, 17g carbs, 1g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 8.5g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3*
Ever had an egg roll with caramelized onions, spinach, and cheese? What's that? You have? Then you're from THE FUTURE!
- 1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 4 oz. cooked skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 6 large square egg roll wrappers (stocked with the refrigerated Asian items in the supermarket)
Adapted from hungry-girl.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it lightly with nonstick spray; set aside.
Place butter in a skillet and bring to medium-high heat on the stove. Once butter has coated the bottom of the skillet, add onion and salt. Stirring often, sauté until softened and slightly browned, about 6 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium low. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook onion until browned and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
Return skillet to medium-high heat on the stove. Add spinach and garlic and cook until the spinach has wilted, 1 - 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to the large bowl.
Add chicken and cheese to the bowl, breaking the cheese wedges into pieces as you add them. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
Place two egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Evenly distribute 1/6th of the mixture (about 1/3 cup) in a horizontal row a little below the center of each wrapper. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly.
Fold in the sides of each wrapper about an inch toward the middle, over the filling to prevent it from escaping. Roll the bottom of each wrapper up around the mixture; continue rolling until you reach the top. Seal the outside edge with another dab of water. Carefully transfer egg rolls to the baking sheet.
Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, making sure you have a clean, dry surface each time. Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick spray.
Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly. Slice into halves, if you like, and dig in!
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
You'll also love
- Chicken Makhani-Butter Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pizza 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sesame Chicken and Noodles 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Delicious Fried Chicken Breast 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Shells 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Spaghetti Bake 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Crispy Corn Tortillas with Chicken... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)