“This recipe is courtesy of MaryQVC, who comes from a proud military family. It’s comforting, delicious, and easy to keep at-the-ready in your freezer. Thanks Mary! “— David
Tip: This recipe is perfect for doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling! If you have the space to keep it, make as much as you can, it freezes extremely well.
- 3 cups pre-cooked basmati rice
- 1 (20-oz) bag frozen broccoli
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 1 (10.75- oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 3/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1-1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
Adapted from qvc.co
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.
Combine the rice, broccoli, chicken, mushrooms, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and sherry in a large bowl. Place the mixture into the casserole dish.
Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken and rice mixture.
Combine the crushed crackers, parsley and the butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cheese and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the top is browned and the casserole is bubbly.