Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
This is so yummy! A friend, my daughter and I ate almost the whole cake in one sitting and I'm usually not crazy about dessert unless it contains chocolate :-)!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 33mins
Empty the contents of the boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Using a hand-mixer or stand mixer beat until well incorporated. The batter will be very thick, but will come together nicely.
Pour batter into a greased 7- x 11- X 2-inch pan. This is the small, rectangular-sized pan from your Pyrex set.
Bake at 350°F for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan, then flip onto a platter.
Make the glaze while you're waiting.
Combine powdered sugar, apple cider and pumpkin pie spice. Glaze should be thick but pourable. Add more sugar or cider if needed. Poke holes in the warm cake with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Pour glaze over the cake while still warm. Reserve some to pour over each slice when served.
Serve warm or room temperature.
You'll also love
- CARAMEL APPLE DIP 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Eggnog Jello Shots 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Emeril's Braised Chicken Thighs 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Holly Jolly Jelly Shots 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes recipe 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Loaf Cake 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Delicious Ham and Potato Soup 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pudding Cake 4.6/5 (18 Votes)