Apple Peach Cobbler
The flavors of ripe summer peaches giving way to the coming of apples in fall makes this a perfect cobbler for seasonal transition.
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Vanilla ice cream
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls over peach mixture.
Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
You'll also love
- Pasta Carbonara with Hickory... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Apricot Sour Cream Scones 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Virgin Island Johnny Cake 3.6/5 (97 Votes)
- Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Tortellini al Forno, Olive Garden... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Panettone Italian Christmas Bread 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach Buttermilk Mini Cakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream 4.5/5 (15 Votes)