Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
This salmon is a restaurant worthy dish that you can make in the comfort of your own home in 20 minutes! It easily is one of my favorite salmon recipes I’ve made! I just served this with brown rice and steamed asparagus and it all came together perfectly (couscous or quinoa would be good too). But oh just look at that sauce…
If you want an even richer sauce you can add an extra tablespoon or two of butter here but I like to keep it on the healthier side so I kept it at a minimal 3 tablespoons (oh plus the teaspoon to saute the garlic) and it’s just enough.
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Remove salmon fillets from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepared garlic lemon butter sauce. In a small saucepan melt 1 tsp butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until lightly golden brown, about 1 - 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice. Let sauce simmer until it has reduced by half (to about 3 Tbsp), about 3 minutes. Stir in butter and honey and whisk until combined. Set sauce aside.
Dab both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering add salmon and cook about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
Plate salmon (leaving oil in pan) and drizzle each serving generously with butter sauce, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
You'll also love
- Easy Baked Salmon 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Tortellini al Forno, Olive Garden... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cream of Potato Soup (Mary Beth... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Vanilla-Orange Sugar... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Paula's Seafood Chowder 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Basil-Garlic Butter Sause 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Forty Clove Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe