Easy German Pancakes
Easy and delicious!! It's fun to watch the batter as it bakes up into the weirdest shapes!! Great for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. Serve topped with fresh or canned fruit.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (9-inch) round cake pans
- Confectioners powdered sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Canned fruit pie filling or fruit spread
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Place one tablespoon butter in each cake pan and place in the oven just until the butter melts, no longer or it will burn. Remove from oven and swirl the pan to completely coat the bottom and a little way up the sides of the pans. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl and using a wire whisk, blend together the eggs, milk, and salt. Whisk in the flour until mostly smooth, it's okay if the flour looks slightly lumpy, but don’t over-mix the batter.
Divide batter evenly in the buttered cake pans. Bake in center of oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Remove from oven, let cool for a minute then use a thin spatula or egg turner to loosen the pancakes then transfer to large serving plates. (Or eat right from the pan!) Serve with lots of confectioners powdered sugar and pure maple syrup, or other toppings of choice.
You'll also love
- Easy German Chocolate Roll Up Cake 3.9/5 (86 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Noodle... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Tortellini al Forno, Olive Garden... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn Recipe 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Panettone Italian Christmas Bread 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Basil, Apple, Cheese & Honey Omelet 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Crab Eggs Benedict 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes for Two 4.2/5 (29 Votes)