Italian-Style Sufganiyot, Frittelle Di Ricotta
Rich and creamy these Frittelle Di Ricotta or Italian-style Sufganiyots are made from ricotta and sweet vanilla, then deep fried to golden-deliciousness and rolled in sugar. These pop-able morsels are the perfect recipe to wake up to on any lazy weekend morning or make them during the holidays when your house is overflowing with loved ones. This recipe feeds a crowd and goes well with freshly brewed coffee or hot tea.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- oil for frying
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 130mins
Beat eggs in large bowl until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla, and mix well. Add ricotta and blend. Combine flour and baking powder, and fold into egg mixture a little at a time. Cover bowl with towel and let batter rest 1 hour at room temperature.
In deep fryer or saucepan, heat about 2 cups oil over medium heat, and drop a few tablespoons batter into hot oil. When fritters turn golden, 3 to 4 minutes, transfer to plate and blot excess oil off with paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
Roll fritters in remaining 1 cup sugar and serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream... 3.9/5 (2779 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 3.9/5 (1879 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.1/5 (1559 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (3107 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls 3.8/5 (1416 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.3/5 (839 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler 3.9/5 (1216 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.1/5 (777 Votes)
Review this recipe