Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
A simple and easy must try recipe. This Zuppa Toscana recipe is adapted for the crock pot and is always a favorite in our house and soon to be yours too if it isn't already. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bits, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale or Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 380mins
Brown the sausage in a pan.
Place cooked Italian sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
Optional: Mash the potatoes a bit with a potato masher for texture.
Turn the crock pot off and add the kale.
Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
Add whipping cream and season to taste with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices. Serve.
You'll also love
- Lipton Souperior Meatloaf 3.7/5 (535 Votes)
- Cowboy Casserole 4.5/5 (218 Votes)
- Krispy Easter Eggs 4.5/5 (203 Votes)
- Valentine Vegan Baked Lavender... 4.6/5 (200 Votes)
- Bisquick ~ Drop Biscuits 3.7/5 (644 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Meatloaf 4.3/5 (222 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon,... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)