Crustless Vegetable Quiche
Nutmeg gives this crustless veggie quiche a nice spiced flavor, and mushrooms, onions, kale, and red pepper make it plenty hearty. Tasty warm or at room temp.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (6 to 7 medium mushrooms)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups kale, center rib removed & shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Fresh ground pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from greatist.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.Cook onions until slightly translucent, but without browning, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook until their liquid has fully evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic and red pepper, and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in kale, and continue to cook until kale begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy. Whisk in the half and half, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Add the cooked vegetables to the pie dish. Top with egg mixture.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until edges are light golden and the center remains slightly jiggly.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Crispy Corn Tortillas with Chicken... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp and Scallops 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Soup 4/5 (57 Votes)
- Avocado Bacon Omelets 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Macaroni Salad 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)