Avocado Bacon Omelets
Omelets filled with healthy avocado and, well, not so healthy bacon. Makes for a delicious weekend brunch. Serve with some fresh sliced fruit and toast.
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 eggs
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from mensfitness.com
Cook bacon until crisp.
While bacon is cooking, cut your avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash it up, but not too fine—a little texture is nice.
Add onion and cilantro to avocado. When the bacon is done, drain it and crumble or snip it into the avocado mixture. Stir it all up.
Now make your omelets, one at a time. Use half the avocado mixture in each. Top with more hot sauce, if desired.
NUTRITION: 370 calories; 30 g fat; 17 g protein; 9 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 6 g net carbs per serving.
You'll also love
- Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Parmesan Lemon Zucchini 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef Braised in Guinness 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Asian Short Ribs Pressure Cooker... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Cherry Filled Ableskiver 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Barbecued Pork... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)