Pioneer Woman Chicken Soup
- 1 whole fryer chicken, cut up
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & finely diced
- 28oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 box ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- Salt / pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Adapted from PioneerWoman.com
Cook pasta according to directions, drain, rinse with cold water and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
Place chicken in large stock pot and cover with broth. Bring to a boil and summer, covered for 30min. Remove chicken and set aside to cool, then shred and discard bones.
In separate pan, sauté veggies in tablespoon or 2 of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, maybe some garlic.
Add veggies and shredded chicken to stock pot and stir in tomatoes.
Add cream and heat through.
In a small pan, heat 1/3 cup olive oil, add oregano and remove from heat. Stir until fragrant.
Drizzle olive oil over soup and sprinkle with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese.
Serve pasta on the side (as it absorbs all the broth) and spoon soup over pasta in individual bowls.
Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Avocado Bacon Omelets 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Basil Lime Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Macaroni and... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Two-Step BBQ Chicken 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Hoppin' John 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.1/5 (48 Votes)