Spinach & Mushroom Crustless Quiche
Yes, real men do eat quiche and they actually enjoy it too!
Quiche can be loaded with carbs and fat but with a few simple changes you can enjoy it low carb and virtually guilt free. Due to the fact that I am the resident herbivore I get very excited to see my family enjoy a veggie delight like this dish. If they cry loud enough, ok I may put some smoked ham in and have a veggie to myself but I proved that yes indeed we can live on veggies alone. I know it was probably the cheese that diverted a dinner disaster, but what ever works right? Well come to think about it, I did have to make two anyway as my son is not a mushroom fan AT ALL. This actually worked out to my advantage as there was enough to have seconds and bring some for lunch today. Not only is this deliciously filling but it is a very economical meal at about $1.50 per slice.
There are 2.6g net carbs, 11.3g protein and only 3 Weight Watchers points per serving.
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Non-stick spray
- 1 (10-ounce) box spinach, frozen and thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Almond milk regular, unsweetened
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from not-too-sweet.com
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Empty the box of thawed spinach into a colander and let it drain.
Rinse the mushrooms and slice them thinly. Place the sliced mushrooms in a skillet coated with non-stick spray, add the minced garlic, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium-high and saute the mushrooms until they release all of their moisture and no more water remains on the bottom of the skillet
Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray. Squeeze the rest of the water out of the spinach and spread it out on the bottom of the pie dish.
Add the cooked mushrooms and crumbled feta.
In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs until fairly smooth. Add the almond milk, parmesan and a pinch of pepper. Whisk to combine.
Pour this mixture into the pie dish over the spinach, mushrooms, and feta.
Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top.
Bake the quiche until it is golden brown on top and the center is solid. about 45 minutes. Slice and serve!
You'll also love
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Over the Top Mushroom Quiche 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Vegan Cheezy Asparagus Lemon Pasta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ninja Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Blini with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry-Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)