Transform a simple baguette into a crowd-pleasing bruschetta with this recipe. Fresh vegetables, basil, olive oil, and Balsamic vinegar will have everyone asking for more, so be sure that you make enough to feed all of your guests. Serve sliced warm as an appetizer that will feed a crowd or serve on the side of a lightly dressed side salad for a light lunch.
- 1 loaf French bread or baguette, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups garden fresh tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, plus more to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Brush bread slices with extra virgin olive oil, then salt, and pepper lightly. Broil about 1 minute or until golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Combine garlic, onion, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Let rest 10 minutes for flavors to combine.
Top crusty bread slices with bruschetta.
Broil 1 minute more or until golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Serve.
You'll also love
- Fried Cabbage with Sausage 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Garlicky Roasted Shrimp with... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Canning – Tomato Sauce 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Crescent City Red Beans & Rice... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Blue Valium Drink 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Ranch Dressing 2 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Shrimp & Sautéed Spinach 4/5 (60 Votes)