Mary's Italian Dressing (and Cucumber Salad)
This is my "go-to" salad dressing. It is good for tossed salad, tomato salad, or cucumber salad as pictured here. All measurements can be adjusted to your liking.
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice (Juice from 1/2 Fresh Lemon)
- 1 tsp Honey Mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Pinch of Ground Coriander
- Note: If you happen to have "Italian Seasoning Blend" on hand, you can add that in, too. You can also add sugar to taste, in place of the honey.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from recipe-wrangler.com
1. Add all ingredients except for dry seasonings to cruet. Exception: If using a bowl instead of a cruet, add oil last while whisking to emulsify.
2. Add dry ingredients to cruet. You don't have to follow my exact measurements. You can shake-in each seasoning to your liking, using the above measurements as a guide.
3. Shake cruet to blend all ingredients or whisk all together in bowl.
4. Stays for several days in refrigerator, in cruet.
Note: Remove from refrigerator in advance of using to bring oil back to room temperature fluidity. Shake well or stir well before each use.
*Salad is 2 cucumbers, seeded, with black olives added (optional) and this dressing. Tastes better if allowed to marinate in fridge for a few hours before serving.*