Spinach and Cheese Flatbread
Spinach and cheese flatbread is the perfect snack or appetizer to get your tastebuds moving! Have enough to share or a personal pizza for one!
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 ounce packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) gouda or fontina cheese, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- Pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
Preparation time 145mins
Cooking time 165mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Combine 1 cup warm water (110°F), the sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the flour and fine salt; stir to form a sticky dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 10 minutes, dusting with flour.
Brush a large bowl with olive oil; add the dough, loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside until doubled in size, about 1 hour, 30 minutes.
Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Stretch the dough on the baking sheet. Cover with a towel; set aside until doubled, 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 475°F. Scatter the cheese, bell pepper and scallion whites over the dough. Bake until the crust is golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Toss the spinach and scallion greens with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the sea salt. Sprinkle over the flatbread; bake 2 more minutes.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Cobbler 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Artichoke Baguette Bites 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Egg Mock Potato Salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Spinach Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Spice Gluten-Free... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- 7-Layer Mexican Bean Dip 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Prosciutto, provolone and arugula... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe