Summer Garden Succotash
Traditional succotash is made with corn and lima beans. Some versions add heavy cream, which is delicious and loaded with calories. I had some fresh corn, cherry tomatoes and zucchini and I created this side dish to be served with fresh fish. It was delicious! This takes about 15 minutes to make, and is healthy without sacrificing flavor.
- 2 cobs fresh corn
- 1 to 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red or Vidalia onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Fresh or dried thyme, to taste
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Romano Cheese, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Add about 3 teaspoons olive oil, or enough to lightly coast a skillet and heat on medium high.
Remove the corn kernels with a knife and add to the skillet, along with the tomatoes, zucchini and onion. Add the fresh thyme, if using. Season with kosher salt & pepper, to taste.
Roast in a 375°F oven for about 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes skins "pop".
Add the grated cheese, if desire and gently stir.
You can cook this entirely on the stove top, but I find that roasting vegetables gives a nuttier flavor.
You'll also love
- Bite-Sized Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate"... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Trifle 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Lemon Basil Cream... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Swiss Cheese & Spinach Stuffed... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cod with Mushrooms, Garlic &... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch/Dump Cake with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)