Beef Stir-Fry with French Fries
You'll love how the french fries soak up the beef and soy sauce flavor.
- 1 pound frozen french fries (about 5 cups)
- 1 pound boneless rib-eye steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (1 grated, 2 sliced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 8 Campari or other small vine-ripened tomatoes (about 10 ounces), quartered
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bake the fries as the label directs. Meanwhile, toss the steak with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the grated garlic and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak in a single layer and cook, stirring once or twice, until browned but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the red onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the sliced garlic; cook until the tomatoes start breaking down, about 3 minutes. Return the steak and any collected juices to the skillet along with the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and the vinegar. Remove from the heat; add the fries, parsley and cilantro and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
398 calories, 17g fat, (4g sat fat), 60mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 37g carbs