Amish Onion Patties
Yummy onion patties are a perfect side dish or appetizer. Serve with a ketchup, ranch or plain sour cream.
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal flour
- 1 tablespoon Domino sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Clabber Girl baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Morton salt (adjust the salt to your family’s taste I only used 1 teaspoon)
- 3/4 cup TruMoo milk
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions, about 2 small onions
- Wesson oil for frying
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from reciperoost.com
Mix together dry ingredients. Add milk and stir, batter will be thick. dd onions and mix throughly.
Heat 1/2 inch oil in skillet over medium high heat. Drop batter by tablespoons in hot oil. Flatten slightly and brown on both sides until nice and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
As my son puts it, now gobble them up!
You'll also love
- Cheesecake Stuffed Apples 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Honeycrisp Apple and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Kristen's Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini Muffins 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)