Sweet Strawberry Cobbler
Try this sweet strawberry cobbler anytime of year as it is just as good with frozen berries. Make sure to have some vanilla ice cream on hand to serve on top!
- BAKING MIX (if making):
- 1pint1 pint fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1cup1 cup sugar
- 1cup1 cup baking mix, use mix like Bisquick or make your own
- 11 egg
- 1stick1 stick butter, melted
- 6cups6 cups flour
- 1/4cup1/4 cup baking powder
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1cup1 cup cold butter, chopped into small pieces
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from mostlyhomemademom.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Quarter strawberries and place in the bottom of a square baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together sugar and baking mix. Stir in egg; mixture will be clumpy. Sprinkle over strawberries in dish. Drizzle butter over baking mix. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until browned. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Bisquick Baking Mix:
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large food processor. Pulse until fully incorporated. Add in chopped cold butter and process until texture is like coarse crumbs.
Place baking mix in a sealed container and keep in refrigerator. I would try to use it within 6 months, but in my house it would never last that long! You could try to cut the butter in the old fashioned way with a pastry cutter, but I HIGHLY recommend using a food processor it makes it SO much easier. Also, find a good quality sealed plastic container or jar to store. I use one of my larger Lock & Lock containers.
You can use this DIY Bisquick in place of any recipe that calls for the kind in the yellow box.
You'll also love
- Ground Beef & Cheddar Casserole 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Never Fail Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Applebee's Hot Artichoke and... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Mustard Maple Glazed Pork Chops 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Lemon Melting Moments 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip... 4.1/5 (61 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Icebox Cake 3.9/5 (141 Votes)
- Upside Down Berry Cake 4.4/5 (32 Votes)