Pineapple Orange Trifle
Guests are pleasantly surprised to see this lovely trifle on my holiday table. Coconut, pineapple and mandarin oranges lend a tropical taste to every spoonful
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
* Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside.
* In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
* Whisk in sour cream (or greek yofurt); fold in oranges and pineapple.
* Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice.
* Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
* Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top.
* Sprinkle with coconut.
You'll also love
- Sweet Strawberry Cobbler 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Kneaders Pumpkin Chocolate Chip... 4/5 (78 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Lemon Basil Cream... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange-Cranberry Scones with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- No Bake Apple Pie Bites 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe