Streusel-Topped Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
A soft and moist chocolate pumpkin bread topped with cinnamon streusel. Yum, this is so good!
- 5 tablespoons (2 1/4-ounce) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (10-ounce) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (7-ounce) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (7-ounce) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 ounce cream cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Note: if chocolate isn't your thing, you could sub toasted and chops nuts instead
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mash together with a fork until the mixture resembles wet sand. Set aside while you make the bread batter.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to a large saucepan. Set over medium heat and cook, stirring almost constantly, until the mixture has reduced to 1 1/2 cups (it took about 9 minutes for me). Remove the pot from the heat and add both sugars, the canola oil and cream cheese. Stir until combined (but not completely incorporated, there will still be clumps of cream cheese). Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until the mixture is completely homogeneous.
Combine the eggs and buttermilk in a large measuring cup and whisk to incorporate. Add to the pumpkin mixture, whisking until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the pan and fold them in with a rubber spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pan and set aside.
For streusel, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter and bake for 55-60 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
You'll also love
- Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Moist carrot cake 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Spinach Enchiladas with Cilantro... 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter 4/5 (132 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole with... 4.2/5 (90 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Muffin - Starbucks... 4.2/5 (91 Votes)
- Banana Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (62 Votes)