Moist carrot cake
This is my favorite Carrot Cake Recipe. It is full of flavor and moist without being mushy. Grate the carrots in the largest setting of the grater. Pair this cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe and you will find it hard not to have another slice.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup of pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from chow.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9” pans or one 12” cake pan or one 9”x 13” sheet pan by lining with parchment or wax paper.
Mix together in a bowl together flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla for about minute or so.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more.
Add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisins if desired.
Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes.
Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out.
Cool then fill and frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with more nuts.
To make the cream cheese frosting: a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute.
Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.
Alternate method - makes 20 cupcakes & 24 minicupcakes
You'll also love
- Spinach Enchiladas with Cilantro... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Blueberry Cake Bars 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter 4/5 (125 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole with... 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Banana Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca... 3.9/5 (139 Votes)
- Lemon-Shrimp Pasta 4.4/5 (58 Votes)