Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe
This Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe is sure to be the star of countless dinner party and holiday gatherings, and a tried-and-true favorite in your recipe arsenal. This meaty main course pairs perfectly with anything from grilled veggies to succulent mashed potatoes.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (2 to 2.5-pounds) fresh beef brisket, trimmed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 155mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, ketchup, water, cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of canola oil, dark corn syrup, mustard, horseradish, and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a disposable foil pan.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Place in foil pan, turning to coat with sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
Place pan on grill rack over indirect medium heat. Grill, covered, 2 to 2 1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove from heat. Remove brisket from pan; tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, skim fat from sauce in pan. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce.
You'll also love
- Moist carrot cake 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Grand Marnier French Toast 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Healthy Turkey Filet Dinner 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Irish Jello Shots 4.5/5 (49 Votes)