German Red Cabbage
A very popular dish in Germany, this Red Cabbage recipe with delicious sweet and sour flavors makes a great side.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 unpeeled apple, sliced
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Coat the inside of a large Dutch oven with cooking spray. Saute onion and apple until tender.
Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Coconut Chicken with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Green Beans 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Skinny Waldorf Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Sparkling Sidecar 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)