German Red Cabbage
A very popular dish in Germany, this Red Cabbage recipe with delicious sweet and sour flavors makes a great side.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 unpeeled apple, sliced
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Coat the inside of a large Dutch oven with cooking spray. Saute onion and apple until tender.
Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (448 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)