German Red Cabbage
A very popular dish in Germany, this Red Cabbage recipe with delicious sweet and sour flavors makes a great side.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 unpeeled apple, sliced
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
Coat the inside of a large Dutch oven with cooking spray. Saute onion and apple until tender.
Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cherry Krispies 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Delicious Cucumber Sangria 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple & Poppy Seed Coleslaw 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Pizza 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Safe Homemade Eggnog 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheese & Pea Orzo 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Corned Beef Cabbage with a Tangy... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Country French Omelet (Bacon &... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)