Chocolate Cherry Krispies
Crisp candy-like nuggets made with dried cherries, slivered almonds, rice krispies, and melted chocolate.
- 2/3 cup dried cherries (cut in halves, if desired)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (chopped, if desired)
- 1 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line a baking sheet with foil or waxed paper.
Chop cherries and almonds, if desired; place them in a mixing bowl. Add the cereal. Set aside.
Melt both chocolates, salt, and the oil together just until barely melted, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
Pour mixture over the ingredients in the mixing bowl; stirring and mixing well.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared pan.
Store in the refrigerator.