Cheese & Pea Orzo
Orzo is a small Greek pasta that makes a great side dish or starch component of any meal. Try this dish with a fried egg on top, or with grilled broccoli!
- 2 tablespoons orzo
- 1 tablespoon frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Adapted from babycenter.com
Cook the orzo according to package directions (you can use vegetable stock instead of water for more flavor). Add the peas for the final minute of cooking. Drain well and return the orzo and peas to the saucepan over low heat.
Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for a couple of minutes until almost fully absorbed. Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted. Cool slightly to warm before serving with the Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Corned Beef Cabbage with a Tangy... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Mom's Bread Stuffing with ... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Lowfat Carrot, Banana, Zucchini... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- The Ultimate Green Bean Casserole... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Seared... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Homemade Pasta 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Ravioli with Summer Squash 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spiced Orzo with Spinach 4.4/5 (26 Votes)