Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
By Nicole S
This is a perfect mashed potato recipe for when you've got a lot of things going. Make them the day ahead and then heat them up in the microwave to serve!
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 65mins
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, salt, paprika, pepper and chives if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in milk. Microwave 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
You'll also love
- Ricotta and Roasted Red Pepper... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Barbeque Sauce (for Beef Brisket... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chipotle-Mango Barbecue Chicken... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Safe Homemade Eggnog 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Crumb-Topped Apple Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Gumdrop cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Corn Muffin Mix 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bocconcini... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)