Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
The cream cheese filling tastes like a bit of cheesecake paradise, playing hide-and-seek in the center of the moist cake. The pumpkin cake encasing the cheesecake filling boasts a moist, tender crumb. It’s brimming with the goodness of pumpkin. The whole cake is then drizzled with a decadent cream cheese glaze.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (2-ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk, plus more as needed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from chewoutloud.com
Preheat oven to 350°F, with rack on lower middle or middle position. Generously grease Bundt pan and set aside.
Filling: Beat cream cheese cubes with sugar on medium high, until completely smooth. Add egg, cinnamon, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Transfer to a covered container and chill in fridge.
Cake: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Whisk together and set aside.
In the bowl of stand mixer, using paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars until fully mixed and fluffy. Beat in eggs, oil, pumpkin, yogurt, and vanilla, until mixture is smooth.
Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand, using rubber spatula.
Pour almost half of batter into grease Bundt pan, filling the grooves. Using wooden spoon, try to carve out a generous tunnel in the batter, and fill the tunnel with cream cheese filling. Filling will probably overflow the tunnel, but this helps to keep the filling together. Gently pour in remaining cake batter.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, with few tender crumbs attached. Cool cake in pan 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
Glaze: Beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 4 minutes on medium high. Add rest of glaze ingredients, stirring by hand. Add 1 teaspoon of milk at a time, as needed, to reach your desired glaze consistency.
You'll also love
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix & A Can of... 4/5 (581 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake 4/5 (276 Votes)
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Tabbouleh - Texas de Brazil's... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- How To Make a Spice Cake from a... 4/5 (43 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato Soup Dressing 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- ALICE WATERS’ POTATO GRATIN 4.4/5 (15 Votes)