Scrambled Eggs, Avocado & Smoked Salmon on Toast
Avocado toast takes it up a notch topped with eggs scrambled with a bit of creme fraiche and chives, and then topped with a thin slice of smoked salmon. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch.
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced & divided
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche, optional
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large or 8 small slices sourdough, whole wheat, or pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Mash avocado with a fork. Mix in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread the avocado mixture over each slice of toast.
Mix 2 tablespoons chives, crème fraîche (if using), and eggs in a large bowl. Melt butter in a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally scraping bottom of skillet with a heatproof spatula to form large, soft curds, until just barely set, 3 to 4 minutes.
Spoon eggs over avocado. Drape salmon slices over eggs, garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon chives, and season to taste with pepper.
You'll also love
- Broccoli & Crouton Casserole 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Jerk Cornish Hens 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana Fritters (Southern Food) 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Lobster Gnocchi 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Duck Breasts with Citrus Port... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Crispy Sea Salt & Vinegar... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cod with Asparagus and Mashed... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)