Gluten Free Pumpkin Corn Muffins
With the addition of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, this cornbread will quickly become your go-to when a pot of chili is on the stove.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or coconut oil for a stronger flavor and an even healthier substitute)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten free pancake/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with paper cups.
Whisk eggs until frothy, add oil, whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk well. Add the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, the baking mix, baking powder, and salt. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter. Drop the batter by the spoonfuls into the 12 muffin cups.
Bake on center rack for 20 minutes until muffins are firm to touch and golden. Check with a toothpick if necessary–if it comes out clean, muffins are done.
Place the muffins on a wire rack to cool (about 5 minutes) and then remove from tin and place back on rack to continue cooling.
Makes 12 muffins. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Casserole 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Applesauce Bars with Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- artichoke & Spinach Dip Restaurant... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp and Pumpkin Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sausage Corn and Brocoli Chowder 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Skillet Cherry Cobbler 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Horns 4/5 (2 Votes)