Blueberry Corn Muffins
Slightly sweet, these corn muffins are always a hit! Great with a cup of coffee or cold milk.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 extra large egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (I used 1/2 milk and 1/2 buttermilk)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Rinse the blueberries; spread out in a single layer on several layers of paper towels to dry completely.
Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave just until barely melted; set aside to cool.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter or spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
Measure a packed tablespoon of brown sugar out and add it to a measuring cup; spoon in enough granulated for the both to total 1/2 cup. Add it to a large mixing bowl. Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; whisk or sift the mixture together. Make a well in the center. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg slightly. Whisk in the vanilla, and milk/buttermilk.
Pour the melted butter into the well of dry ingredients. Add the egg mixture and gently mix in just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
Fill muffin cups almost 3/4 full with batter.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Using a dinner knife to loosen the edges, remove muffins to the wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- NO BAKE CHEESECAKE WITH HOMEMADE... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Rice Krispies Original Treats™ 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Parfait 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Sauerbraten (German Beef Roast... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Sufganiyot, Israeli Jelly Donuts... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Penne Pasta With Spinach and... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)