Sous vide Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 3 to 5 pound corned beef (I made mine, recipe here).
- 2 tablespoon pickling spices (I like Penzeys Spices Corned Beef Spices mix)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Large resealable plastic bags or vacuum sealed bags
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 to 2 pounds red potatoes
- 5 small carrots
- 5 pieces of bacon
Fill slow cooker with hot water, making sure to leave room for corned beef and set to warm.
Take corned beef out of package and rinse 3 times over running water.
Soak corned beef in water for 30 minutes to help remove any leftover salt.
Dry corned beef with paper towels, coat each side with garlic powder and pickling spices.
Seal corned beef in a vacuum-sealed bag or a large resealable plastic bag with all the air forced out.
Place bag into slow cooker, cook for 15 hours covered, occasionally flip bag and stir.
30 minutes before pulling corned beef, slice ½ cabbage head into 4 wedges. Cut potatoes in half, peel carrots and slice bacon into ¼ inch pieces.
Pull corned beef and let rest in bag for 10 minutes.
While corned beef is resting, heat pot on medium heat with bacon.
Brown bacon, while browning open corned beef and poor liquid in bag into measuring cup. Scrape off excess spices.
Move bacon off to the side of pan and place corned beef fat side down in pan. Sear fat for a minute, put corned beef on a plate and tent with foil.
Add potatoes to pan with bacon and stir. Add carrots and cabbage to pan, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Turn heat up to medium high and add corned beef liquid from measuring cup. Cover and let steam for 30 minutes, adding water as needed for steam.
Cut corned beef a
You'll also love
- Orange Crunch Cake from the Bubble... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Croquettes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Lángos Bread 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Kopp's Canteen Pumpkin Bread 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Corn Pudding, Pennsylvania Dutch... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Piccante 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crock Pot Asian-Inspired Beef Ribs 4.5/5 (2 Votes)