Sausage Corn and Brocoli Chowder
Warm your belly, and feed the soul... this hearty yet easy chowder will be a crowd pleaser for even your pickiest eater. The added Broccoli adds some veggie power up, and the hot sauce gives it just the right touch of heat and flavor to make it memorable!
- 1 lb of mild sausage
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans whole milk
- 1 bag whole corn
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese(OR Colby)
- Franks hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 med. sweet onion coarse chopped
- 1 tbls chopped garlic
- 1 cup super fine chopped broccoli, may double this for added veggie power!
- 1/2 tbl white pepper
- 2-3 tbls butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Fry the sausage and drain.
Add both onions, broccoli, and garlic. Cook till all tender.
Add corn, and white pepper let cook for 5-6 mins till warm.
Stir in soup and milk.
Heat over medium heat really slow (don't boil).
When heated through, stir in cheese, butter and hot sauce.
Continue to slowly stir until cheese is incorporated in.
May put in crock pot on warm to hold over for dinner, or for reheating.
Can be doubled easily for a crowd. Good with a nice crusty toasted bread with garlic and butter on it.
You'll also love
- Black Beans (Pressure Cooker) 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Pork Loin w/ Herbed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Avocado/Apple Puree with Fresh... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef - Potato - Green Bean... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Onion Soup, Pressure Cooker 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sous vide Corned Beef and Cabbage 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread 4/5 (2 Votes)
- SPINACH, SAUSAGE & FETA QUICHE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)