Shrimp and Pumpkin Curry
I serve this Shrimp and Pumpkin Curry with Black 'Forbidden Rice' instead of steamed white rice to add another layer of taste and texture.
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 1 C. Sliced onion
- 1 T. Minced ginger
- 1 T. Minced garlic
- 1 Chopped plum tomato
- 1 - 15 oz. Can pumpkin puree*
- 2 C. Vegetable broth
- 1 C. Unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 t. Curry powder
- 1/8 t. Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 ? t. Fresh lime juice
- 1 C. Roasted, cubed butternut squash**
- 1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp
- Steamed rice
- Cilantro, lime zest and fried shallots
Heat olive oil a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and ginger. Saut? until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saut? for 1 minute. Stir in chopped plum tomato and pumpkin puree; cook, stirring frequently until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and cayenne, if using, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add lime juice, cubed squash, and shrimp. Simmer until shrimp are cooked and squash is warm. Serve with steamed rice. Top with cilantro, limes zest, and fried shallots.
* Unseasoned, NOT spices already added, Pumpkin Pie puree. Equal measure of fresh cooked pumpkin can be used. when i make this (pictured) I use a whole, small pumpkin; like a Sugar Pumpkin, seeded, "lid" on, wrapped in foil and baked until soft. Let cool completely. Discard tough peel and keep the pumpkin.
** OR substitute cubed, steamed red or yellow sweet potato if you don't feel like wrestling an entire butternut squash for just 1 cup of cubed.
You'll also love
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops With... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Lime Zucchini Bread 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Charm City Carrot Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Baltimore Crab Pretzel Sticks 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Queensland... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slimming World Butternut Squash... 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread in a Can by Ms. Ruth 4/5 (2 Votes)