Pork and Lentil Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Finely Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Dried Crushed Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 whole Medium Carrot, Chopped
- 1 pound Bone-in Pork Chops
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 8 ounces, weight Brown Lentils, Rinsed And Drained
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
Preparation time 5mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
1. Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, basil, salt, black pepper, and cumin and saute until the onions have softened.
2. Stir in the carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, push the mixture to the edges of the pot. Add the pork chops and brown them on each side.
3. Add the broth, lentils and tomato paste and stir to combine.
4. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
5. Remove the pork chops from the pot. Using two forks, pull the meat from the bones. Discard the bones. Lightly shred the meat and return it to the soup.
6. Add the lime juice and chili flakes and stir into the soup, then remove the pot from the heat. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Lydia Bastianich's Creamy Mushroom... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Rock Bottom Brewery's Spicy... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- One Pot Brazilian Chickpeas & Rice 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Authentic Amish Refrigerator... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Bulgogi Dipping Sauce 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork, Sweet and Sour, Pressure... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy Southern-Fried Turkey Wings 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Stuffed... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)