Mom's Vegetable Soup with Ham Bone
Make your own homemade vegetable soup, starting with a big ham bone! Add other vegetables, to your preference. This is a classic vegetable soup recipe with beans, carrots and potatoes.
- 1 large ham bone
- 1/2 cup navy beans
- 1/2 cup lima beans
- 1 package dried vegetable soup mix, like Manischewitz Vegetable Soup Mix With Mushrooms
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, mashed
- A few peppercorns
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 to 5 carrots, diced
- 4 to 5 red skinned potatoes, in 1" cubes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 170mins
In a large pot, place the ham bone and cover it with water. Bring the water to boil, then turn it down to a simmer. Add the navy and lima beans and the vegetable soup mix and cook for about 1 hour.
Add the tomatoes, onions, peppercorns, carrots and potatoes and continue to simmer the soup for an additional 1 1/2 hours. Remove the ham bone and pull any meat you'd like off of the bone and add to the soup. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Paleo Brussel Sprout Egg Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cuban-Style Black Beans and Rice... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic Swedish Pizza Salad 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Quick Beef and Noodle Toss 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Chili 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- New Year Black-Eyed Peas 4.5/5 (24 Votes)