Creamy Canadian Bacon & Pasta
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Mueller's Hidden Veggie Thin Spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Canadian bacon, thinly sliced into strips about 1/2-inch wide
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Adapted from muellerspasta.com
1.Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
2.Return hot, empty pan to low heat. Add butter to the pan and allow to melt. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add Canadian bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until Canadian bacon is lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in cooked pasta.
3.Whisk together milk and egg yolks. Add milk-egg mixture to pasta and cook, stirring frequently, over low heat 1 minute. Stir in reserved pasta water and shredded Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot and cheese has melted.
4.Option: Add 1 cup frozen broccoli florets or 1/2 cup frozen peas to pasta water during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Proceed as recipe directs.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Scones Starbucks Copycat 3.8/5 (90 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Broccoli Salad 3.8/5 (69 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Chops (with stovetop... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Blueberry BBQ Meatballs 3.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp Pad Thai with Daikon Noodles 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)