Slow-Cooker Lobster Bisque
This is the easiest lobster bisque recipe you'll find! Start with a base of tomatoes, shallots and garlic and let it cook all day. Puree the mixture and add the lobster tails and cream for a rich and scrumptious meal or starter for any fancy dinner party. This recipe is simply delicious and will warm your whole family's tummies while they munch away.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, with Juice
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 lobster tails
- 1 (32-ounce) carton of chicken broth
- 1 pint heavy cream
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 450mins
In a small saucepan, heat the butter until melted over a medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until soft and translucent. Don't let them brown.
Add shallot and garlic mixture to a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, Old Bay Seasoning, dill, parsley, pepper, and paprika.
With a sharp knife cut off the fan part of the very end of the lobsters and add those to the slow cooker.
Stir, cover, and cook on low for 6 hours or 3 hours on high.
Remove the lobster tail ends and discard.
Using a blender or immersion blender puree the soup mixture to your desired chunkiness. If you use a regular blender, add the soup back into the slow cooker.
Add your lobster tails to the soup, cover and cook 45 minutes on low or until the shells turn red and the lobster meat is cooked.
Remove lobster tails from the soup and let cool slightly.
While the lobster is cooling add the cream and stir.
With a sharp knife cut each lobster tail in half long-ways and remove the lobster flesh from the shells.
Discard shells and roughly chop lobster meat and add back into the soup.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- The Very Best Homemade Beef Jerky 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Cilantro Shrimp for Two 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Texas Sticky Buns 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Double-Cheese Scalloped Potatoes 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Ruths Chris Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Witches' Potion 4.5/5 (27 Votes)