Pulled Pork Soup
Here is a soup that's worth every minute it takes to get it ready. With a kick of Creole seasoning and hearty pulled pork, a bowlful will get your attention.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 175mins
Combine bacon, onion, garlic, tomato paste, smoked paprika, Creole seasoning and chili powder in a food processor; pulse to make a coarse paste.
Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the bacon-spice paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown, about 6 minutes. Add the ribs, turning to coat. Stir in the vinegar and molasses, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth and 2 cups water. Cover and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and gently simmer, stirring once or twice, until the ribs are tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Transfer the ribs to a cutting board and shred the meat; discard the fat and bones. Position the pot halfway off the burner and increase the heat to medium. The fat will migrate to the cooler side; use a ladle to skim it off. Reposition the pot over the burner and add the shredded pork and the beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Linguine with Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Trifle 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Lemon Thyme sauce 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Jam Filled Muffins 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Paleo Applewood Smoked Bacon 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Artichoke Chickpea Salad (Warm) 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Middle Eastern Chickpea Salad ... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)